Frequently asked questions
Here we are trying to answer for the most common questions what we got. If you don’t find the answer for your question, just drop us a line.
How can I order a Porozit?
1. You can send your order on our ‘Order’ page or you can drop us a line on our ‘Contact us’ page where you should select the ‘Order Product’ title.
2. When we get your order, we are going to send you the pro-forma invoice based on your order. So please check your email address is correct while you are ordering. If you don’t get a confirmation email about your order, possibly it means you didn’t give your email address correctly.
3. If you fulfil the transfer, we are going to post the product. To the EU the delivery takes 3-4 business days, out of the EU 5-6 business days.
What are the payment method?
Currently our payment methods are bank transfer based on our pro-forma invoice. You can ask for credit/debit card payment, but it has 3% fee.
What include in my order?
You are going to get:
- Porozit N instrument
- Porozit N device
- Device Cable
- 1 Narrow lid
- User manual, stickers
- Porozit N bag
- Porozit Shipping box
Porozit has warranty?
Yes. All of our product has 1 warranty. The Hello Ltd. Hungary provides 1 YEAR WARRANTY of the purchased products from the takeover date. Hello Ltd. Hungary is exempt from free repair services, if:
• The fault was caused by failure to maintenance.
• The fault was caused by improper use.
• The measuring instrument was taken apart or had been services by not the producer or reseller.
• The fault was caused by improper storage or elemental damage.
VAT is included in the price?
No, the prices on the website are not included the VAT.
How to use my Porozit N?
- Slide the measuring bar upwards to the upper stop until it clicks in automatically.
- Turn on the meter, or if it is already on, push reset to make the display ready. Put the porosity instrument without its top in an upward position under the sur- face needed to be measured.
- Put the top on the magnetic head through the front edge of the top surface of the glider (15-25cm inside) so that the fabric is between the top and the magnetic head.
- Push starter clip to initiate measurement. Make sure that nothing blocks the way of the measuring bar!
- The instrument signals the start of measurement with a sound.
- The instrument issues a sound every 5 seconds after measurement has been finished. Measurement results can be read in seconds on the display.
- Another measurement can only be started after pushing reset.
Make sure that the rubber sheets on the top and on the magnetic head are free of dust and stains. Smooth the tested surface on the magnetic head evenly, without creases or wrinkles.
When putting on the top, try to fit it on the magnetic head as precisely as pos- sible. Airflow through a wet and damp canopy may significantly differ from that mea- sured in dry conditions. (Especially with older gliders). Do not draw conlusions from one measurement, make at least 6-8 tests on a glider.
The 10000th seconds after reaching the instrument will continue the measurement and the second shows the 10000 second flash.
Where I need to measure?
• On the top surface of your glider, 15-25 cm after the leading edge. We are not measuring porosity on the bottom surface, it makes no sense because it’s not that important as the upper one.
• We usually make 5 measurements. 1 in the middle of the glider, 2 close to the ears (2-5 cells) and 2 between the middle and the ears.
• Pay attention if one of your result is not like the previous ones, do another measure close to that place, because it’s possible there are a small hole what is even not visible.
What is the technical details of Porozit N?
• Average measurement vacuum: 1mbar
• Surface of airflow: 38.5 cm2
• Measured volume of air: 250 cm3
• Measurement error: +- 3%
• Temperature range of the measurement: +15 o C – +25 oC
• Relative air humidity: max. – 60%
Porozit has warranty?
Yes. All of our product has 1 warranty.
The Hello Ltd. Hungary provides 1 YEAR WARRANTY of the purchased products from the takeover date. Hello Ltd. Hungary is exempt from free repair services, if:
– The fault was caused by failure to maintenance.
– The fault was caused by improper use.
– The measuring instrument was taken apart or had been services by not the producer or reseller.
– The fault was caused by improper storage or elemental damage.
How should I storage the Porozit?
The porosity meter does not need any special care, but you can keep it in its original-like condition if you follow some simple rules. It is recommended to use only long-life alcaline batteries, or accumulators for power.
Store the instrument in its box or sack, with the measuring bar pulled up, be- cause in this way the rubber bellows will not get slack, and nor will light damage it during a long storage period.
Try not to scratch the rubber sheets on the magnetic head and the top.
If they are stained, clean the rubber sheets with clear water, or silicone cloth! Do the same thing if the rubber bellows should stick together as a result of long storage.
How much does the cost of the shipping?
We are sending our products with the best option, depends the destination (Fedex/UPS/DPD).
– EU shipping: 50 €
– Out of the EU shipping: 85 €
“Your courrier” option means you are going to use your chosen courrier, who is going to pick up the parcel. This option is free of course.
How does the shipping work?
– When we have received your transfer, we post your order in the next 3 business days. And we are sending your tracking number.
– If you choose “Your courrier” option in the order process, it means you are going to organise your shippng with your shipping company. That’s why we do not charge for shipping in that case
How much time does it take to get my product?
To the European Union it takes 3-4 business days.
Out of the EU it takes 5-6 business days.